Sunday, January 17, 2021

My Review of Thrive Causemetics Brilliant Eye Brightener in Muna

 My Review of Thrive Causemetics Brilliant Eye Brightener in Muna

I'm a bit of a sucker for Facebook ads. When one popped up showing what seemed to be the perfect neutral, flattering shade of eye shadow -- well, it's actually called "eye brightener" -- I couldn't resist ordering it.

I've been on the lookout for the perfect shade and consistency of eye shadow for a while. My most flattering shade is probably a rose beige, and I haven't found the same shade as the old one I used to have. (As with many of my favorite things, it seems "they don't make it anymore." I'm looking at you, Fortified Oat Flakes cereal.. Anyway). 


So I got this set in the mail from Thrive Causemetics when my order came:




It comes with a cute zippered bag...larger than you'd need for this eye shadow, but a nice size to throw a bunch of cosmetics in for travel, the beach, etc.

So, how does it look on? I took before and after pictures.

I'm starting with "After," because in "Before" I look Godawful, lol.

I liked the smooth and easy way the brightener went on...it glides on nicely and you can really control it more than a powder with a brush, especially when you're trying to apply more of the makeup to the crease in your eyelid, and out to the edges.

Here's how it looked one I had it on and blended it a little with my finger:




I'll try to take a better close-up, but there you have it. I blended a small amount of it on the top part just under my eyebrows.

Here I am without any eyeshadow:





Oh gosh..."may delete later," lol.  Looking at this pic, I wonder if next I should buy their waterproof eyeliner, as my eyeliner here looks smudged.

Here's a closer view of the eye brightener stick; you can roll it up, so there's more to it than you just see in the tip.  I like that you can roll it up, as I never liked "eye pencils" in actual wood that you had to sharpen like some Dixon Ticonderoga wooden pencil. 



The stick cost $24.  At first I thought that was a bit high, but given the price of some eyeshadow sets, and that this comes with a cute little bag, and it goes on so easily and looks nice, I think it's reasonable. 

I give this Thrive Causemetics eye brighter stick in Muna shade 4.5 stars out of 5.  How long will it last? We'll see.  I'll be using it almost daily, so I'll write another post to let you know.

Stay tuned for the next "Julia Reviews..."!


No comments:

Post a Comment