Sunday, January 8, 2012

Facebook, Please Bring Back Ability to Send Note with a Friend Request

Note to Facebook: Can you please bring back the ability to add a "note" to someone when sending them a friend request?

I'm not sure what the benefit was of taking this feature away. I find it extremely useful to explain to someone why I am friend-requesting them, whether it's to remind them who I am from days of yore, that I am contacting them about an article I am writing, or other.

Apparently the ability to "message" someone first is still there, but I still think it would be useful to have as a component of a friend request.

What do you think about this issue...should Facebook bring this back? Is it something you miss?

On a positive note, I am looking forward to the new Timeline feature. It was positively reviewed by Melissa Bell of The Washington Post, and I am pysched to see how it pans out (at this writing, it is still rolling out to selected members).

No comments:

Post a Comment