Sunday, April 17, 2011

Trying out the BlogPress App for iPad2 - Review 1

I just got my new iPad in the mail the other day. So now I am trying out various apps..it's easy to get addicted.

I was looking for an easy, good Blogger app, and a couple of them caught my eye. The one with the best reviews overall was BlogPress, which I bought and am using now. It works with not just Blogger, but also WordPress and other common blog programs.

So far so good.. I am composing this post with ease. My only problem so far was, when you first open up the app after downloading it, it asks you if you want to download/integrate Picasa, Google's photo/imaging management program. And it also gives you the option to activate Picasa if you have not already.

So I did that, and it put me into a screen that showed my blogs and the albums associated with them. Fine. But once I got into that screen, I didn't see a way to get out of it.

I did finally get back to BlogPress to make a new post, and that was easy enough. I still don't get how it works with Picasa, but we'll see as we go along.

Finally, the only negative thing I read in the reviews was people were complaining about how the Picasa integration was showing their photos, but them also wrapping ads around them. But, I also saw a note from the developers that they had addressed this "stupid." So that was good enough for me. More on how I like BlogPress in subsequent posts. Happy blogging, all!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I can't get the picture icon to upload my pics from the iPad....can't figure it out. No icon, no upload.... Help me if you can

    ReplyDelete