Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Get New Stuff for Free & Cull the Old with Swap Sites

Looking for a way to get new (or new to you) stuff for free while getting rid of your unwanted stuff? Try a swap site or a swap group.

These sites are growing in popularity, as evidenced by the recent cover story in USA Today. 

Here's a rundown of some major swap sites:

ClothingSwap.com

SwapMamas.com

ThredUp.com

BarterQuest.com

PaperBackSwap.com

DigNSwap.com

ReFashioner.com

SwapTreasures.com

RehashClothes.com

You can also find a local, in-person clothing swap via MeetUp.com. That's how I found the clothing swap group I joined.

I've been to one meetup so far, and in one fell swoop I not only got rid of my black leather "Jim Morrison" pants that just weren't "me" (never worn), and various tops and sweaters, but I also snagged a new-with-tags red suede Coldwater Creek jacket, leather boots, a Ralph Lauren velour sweatshirt, and jeans.

I'll be trying out some of these swap web sites and posting the results, so watch this space for reviews.

Meantime, try some trading up yourself!



No comments:

Post a Comment