Did you know the Oprah Winfrey clothing auction is going on right now on eBay? It started Monday, March 1. So what are the bids up to, and how do you even find the items?
After a quick search I found her stuff under auction titles with the words "Oprah Winfrey" and "Worn on Show." The auctions also feature a little blue ribbon, the charity auction symbol on eBay (proceeds go to her South African school for girls).
Some of the items that have gotten bid up the most:
- A Caroline Herrera dress, currently at $1376, 42 bids.
- A Melinda Eng sheer blouse, $1325, 44 bids.
- Lavender Valentino sweater, $910, 19 bids.
But a Dolce & Gabbana cotton shirt is only at $201 at this writing, with 19 bids.
OK, let's talk shoes...and boots. Some of the high-fliers at the moment:
- Prada tall leather boots, $810, 31 bids
- Manolo Blahnik leather boots, $610, 30 bids
- Manolo Blahnik green pumps, $500, 17 bids.
And how about the lowest-priced classy clodhoppers at this writing?
- Prada black suede sandals, a comparatively spartan $210, with 22 bids.
- Jimmy Choo patent pumps, $315, 24 bids.
Of course, there's no telling where these babies will end up, final-price wise. But even if you're not in the market to buy, it can be fun to look.