Wednesday, August 12, 2009

World's Longest Yard Sale 2009, Part 3: Cumberland Mtn. General Store

Inside the Cumberland Mountain General Store, in addition to the quaint old soda fountain / ice cream parlor, there are numerous old collectibles and antiques, and, of course, the World's Longest Yard Sale t-shirts.

Here's a link to a short YouTube video I made of the store:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdkfqvAPVuQ

IMG_0144 Here's another view of the aforementioned soda fountain.

Though they were not making milkshakes, I ordered an ice cream with hot fudge, which the fountain worker on the left is dutifully making.

Also inside the store are all kinds of collectibles and antiques...glassware, an antique hallway table with mirror, Mr. Peanut figurines, soda bottles, books, you name it.

Here they were selling the Highway 127 / World's Longest Yard Sale t-shirts, so I snagged one in XL as L was all sold out.

Rooster1 Left: The metal rooster which captivated me, on the right outside corner of the store. Note the old traffic light and cafe sign, two of many fun artifacts inside and outside the place.

After doing a little filming and snagging an ice cream, I wandered around outside to check out the wares for sale.

There was a lot of pottery, glassware, many old tools, and all kinds of collectibles. And a smaller amount of furniture.

I saw some Roseville pottery on one table, though the prices were what you would expect it to be.

I came across some Avon ruby red "Cape Cod" glassware, and decided I'd add a couple plates to my collection at home. I picked up the plates for $8 -- not a bad price, if not rock-bottom; but I had something to take away from the General Store area.

Signe admired some of the wilder figurines on display, such as a wooden devil with his tongue sticking out, but left without buying anything there.

In the next post, I'll write about our next stop along the way, in a field with an old red Caboose, and the stuff we picked up there.



No comments:

Post a Comment