Below is some data that came to me about eBay's cyber Monday stats. Cell phones/PDAs and computers were the two biggest categories:
eBay Cyber Monday 2010 United States Fact Sheet
SAN JOSE, California – November 30th, 2010
Shopping data results from Cyber Monday 2010 (November 29th) on eBay.com in the United States included:
· Sold 400 units of Apple iPads at $449.99 each in approximately 20 minutes, saving consumers $50 off the MSRP.
· Sold 600 units of Apple Macbook Airs at $884.99 each in approximately 2.5 hours, saving consumers $115 off the MSRP.
· Sold 500 units of Apple TV at $79.99 each in just under one hour, saving consumers $20 off the MSRP.
· Sold out 800 units of Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii Game at $39.99 each in 2 hours and 40 minutes, saving consumers $10 off the MSRP.
Through the rest of the holiday season (until December 20) eBay is featuring 25 Days of Deals with daily Deal Blasts – limited-time-only deals each day featuring hot holiday gifts for him and her. Consumers can sign up for email alerts at http://deals.ebay.com, or follow @ebaydailydeals on Twitter.
· eBay.com peak buying hours on Cyber Monday were between 7pm - 9pm EST (8pm EST was the peak).
· Computers & Networking and Cell Phones & PDAs were the highest performing categories in terms of sales compared to last year Cyber Monday, experiencing an 11 percent and 8 percent increase respectively. Of the Computers & Networking category, Apple Laptops & Notebooks sales on Cyber Monday were 201% higher than last year. Of the Cell Phones & PDAs category, cell phone and PDA accessories sales were 23% higher than Cyber Monday 2009.
· The top 10 leading search terms on eBay.com on Cyber Monday include: Apple iPhone 4; Apple iPad; Apple iPod Touch; Sony PlayStation 3; Xbox 360; Laptop; Boots; Nintendo Wii; Men’s watches and Apple Macbook.
· The top five zip codes by total of sales through eBay.com on Cyber Monday were from Miami, FL (33166); San Antonio, TX (78240); Montrose, MO (64770); Carson, CA (90746); and Miami, FL (33126).
Shopping data results from Cyber Monday 2010 (November 29th) on eBay Mobile in the United States included:
· eBay mobile sales increased 146 percent over Cyber Monday 2009. Globally, eBay mobile is on track to generate more than $1.5 billion in sales in 2010, nearly triple its $600 million in mobile sales in 2009.
All trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay Inc. (Nasdaq:EBAY) connects hundreds of millions of buyers and sellers globally through eBay, the world's largest online marketplace, and PayPal, which enables individuals and businesses to securely, easily and quickly send and receive online payments. We also reach millions through specialized marketplaces such as StubHub, the world's largest ticket marketplace, and eBay classifieds sites, which together have a presence in more than 1,000 cities around the world. For more information about the company and our global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.
Forward Looking Statement
This announcement contains forward-looking statements relating to the future performance of eBay’s businesses that are based on its current expectations, forecasts and assumptions. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding plans for eBay’s mobile applications and future growth in mobile commerce. Those statements involve risks and uncertainties, and actual results may differ materially from those discussed. Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include, but are not limited to, consumer acceptance and use of eBay’s mobile applications.