Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Getting Great Scores on Craigslist

A woman scored a sueded couch for $200, and $260 retail value end tables for $37.50 on craigslist. She's one of the craigslist "early responders," who troll the site regularly, sometimes many times a day, looking for good deals.

This according to a piece in the "Home" section of today's Washington Post, which has a feature article titled "Click and Brag." As I espouse in my ebook about craigslist, "Making Money (and Getting a Life?) via Craigslist": only $8.95!" (http://www.aolmemorabilia.com/clslscrgs.html), the earlybirds definitely get the..er, worms on CL.

The Post piece also urges you to pick up quickly, have cash in hand, and to exchange phone #s with the seller to check  if the item is still free, if necessary, and to get directions.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Julia,
    I enjoy getting your newsletters and would like to introduce myself.
    My name is Rita and I have been selling on e-Bay for almost 7 years and live in Las Vegas, NV. I just found Craigs List a couple of months ago and have found some great deals as I sell mostly vintage glassware. I'm addicted to auctions, flea markets, yard and garage sales and have been since my first one back in 1973, I was 16 years old!
    Keep up the good work and have a wonderful weekend! Rita

    ReplyDelete